The United States Golf Association (USGA) will be hosting the 2012 U.S. Open Championship at The Olympic Club located in San Francisco. BART customers attending the U.S. Open should take BART to Colma Station. From Colma Station, customers will follow the signs to the U.S. Open shuttle queuing area, go through a security screening checkpoint and then board free shuttle buses provided by the USGA for a short ride to the U.S. Open.
Visit www.bart.gov for schedules, station locations and fares. To avoid lines, we recommend that you sign up for a Clipper Card to pay your BART fare. You can get a card at www.clippercard.com, ticket kiosks in select stations or at Bay Area retailers such as Walgreens—the website has a complete list of locations. Load your round-trip fare in advance online, at any BART ticket vending machine or at the retailer where you get your card. Free Shuttle Information: The USGA will provide free shuttles to and from the Colma Station and The Olympic Club for BART riders only. Free shuttle service will take place on the following schedule:
Monday, June 11th – Friday, June 15th
5:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday, June 16th
6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, June 17th
8:00 am – 9:00 pm
All free shuttles will drop BART riders near the Main Admission Gate located on the grounds of The Olympic Club. Admission gates open at 6:00am each day of the Championship. No exceptions will be made to the weekend service times. There is no event parking at the Colma Station. Violators will be towed at their own expense. Please download the passenger bulletin(.pdf) for a map of the location of the shuttle buses in relation to Colma Station. If you need language assistance services, please call BART’s Transit Information Center at (510) 465-2278.
Spectators and other championship attendees will not be allowed on the shuttle buses or through an Admission Gate with any of the items listed below. Please be sure to read the following list of prohibited items carefully:
• No Cell Phones (including any cell phones with photographic capabilities)
• No PDAs and/or other Portable E-mail Devices
• No Noise Producing Electronic Devices (including MP3 Players)
• No Camera and/or Camcorders (other than Monday through Wednesday for personal non-commercial photographic use only and without their cases)
• No Bags larger than 8”W X 8”H X 8”D in their natural state
• No Cases and/or Covers (such as chair or umbrellas covers)
• No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
• No Televisions and/or Radios unless provided by the USGA
• No Food and/or Beverages
• No Containers and/or Coolers
• No Pets (other than service animals)
• No Lawn and/or Folding Armchairs
• No Bicycles
• No Ladders and/or Step-Stools or other similar items
• No Metal-spiked Golf Shoes
• No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to, firearms or knives)
• No other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion
Shuttles will board in the area past the BART parking structure – Staff and signs will guide you.
There is also a special program for visitors flying into the SFO and OAK airports to obtain U.S. Open travel vouchers. Find out more information about that program.